Dynamic Provider of Psychology
and Psychiatric Services in Brisbane
In-Person and Skype Services
About Takes Care Specialist Centre in Brisbane and Regional Queensland
Since 2011, Takes Care Specialist Centre has been providing psychological and psychiatric services to all clients throughout Brisbane, Regional Queensland and the rest of Australia. Our team is highly experienced in offering therapy sessions to all, regardless of their ethnicity, religious background, age, disability and sexual orientation.
Proven Track Record
At its inception in 2011, Takes Care Specialist Centre started with one psychologist. Since then, it has grown to a team of psychologists, psychiatrists, and counsellors, with a significant increase in its areas of services.
Since its beginning, Takes Care Specialist Centre has been a contracting provider to several organisations, such as Brisbane South Brisbane PHN, North Brisbane PHN, International Health and Medical Services (IHMS), Australian Defence Forces (through Medibank Solutions), and Wesley Mission Queensland (Psychological Therapies Program), providing its therapy services to a diverse range of clients.
More recently, in addition to continuing its services to IHMS, Takes Care Specialist Centre has become a contracting provider to Central QLD, Wide Bay, Sunshine Coast PHN. The regional areas that Takes Care Specialist Centre has served include Maryborough and Gladstone.
Currently, Takes Care Specialist Centre serves psychiatry patients, psychology clients and NDIS participants (collectively referred to as consumers of Takes Care Specialist Centre services) in Brisbane, regional Queensland, Victoria, and New South Wales.
The current state of our services is summarised below.
- With the growth of Takes Care Specialist Centre, its referral basis has been growing as well. In addition to receiving NDIS referral from new Service Coordinators, we have been receiving psychiatry and psychology, referrals from new medical centres in the regional and Brisbane areas regularly.
- The practice manages well over 100 appointments of face-to-face and telehealth (e.g. Skype, FaceTime, and WhatsApp) appointments per week for its psychiatry, psychology and NDIS service consumers in Brisbane and regional Queensland, Victoria, and New South Wales.
- In the last three years, the telehealth psychiatry and psychology services of Takes Care Specialist Centre has been expanding to wider regional areas of QLD, NSW and VIC. Takes Care Specialist Centre
- During the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Most of Takes Care Specialist Centre services are provided through telehealth.
- In case of in-home services to Brisbane-based NDIS participants, face-to-face services are still possible, if the sessions can be done in an open-air area. Otherwise, telehealth is the other option.
- Due to COVID-19 pandemic, Takes Care Specialist Centre has been providing its services through telehealth to residents of the Brisbane metropolitan area. This means that in addition to psychology services to NDIS participants, other Takes Care Specialist Centre service consumers, who are residents of Brisbane can access our psychiatry and psychology services, from Brisbane suburbs, including those listed below.
- Surrounding areas to Takes Care Specialist Centre: Toowong, Bardon, Dutton park, Clayfield, Taringa, Indooroopilly, Chapel Hill, Graceville, Ashgrove, and Milton.
- Southern Suburbs: Examples include Woodridge, Kingston, Eight Mile Plains, Underwood, and Logan.
- Northern Suburbs: Examples include Carseldine, Fitzgibbon, Boondall, Zillmere & Fortitude Valley
Medical Centres Nearby Takes Care Specialist Centre at Stones Corner
Takes Care Specialist Centre is located conveniently close to several medical centres. A few of them that are 300 m to 2.7 km away from our Centre are listed below.
|Greenslopes Doctors Surgery
|496 Logan Rd, Greenslopes QLD 4120
|Stones Corner Medical Centre
|383 Logan Rd, Greenslopes QLD 4120
|UQ Health Care – Cornwall Street Medical Centre
|4/20 Cornwall St, Annerley QLD 4103
|Top Health Doctors Greenslopes
|700 Logan Rd, Greenslopes QLD 4120
|Greenslopes Medical Centre
|715 Logan Rd, Greenslopes QLD 4120
|Women’s Wellbeing Clinic
|631 Logan Road, Greenslopes, QLD 4120
|Coorparoo Village 7 Day Medical Centre
|358 Old Cleveland Rd, Coorparoo QLD 4151
|332 Old Cleveland Rd, Coorparoo QLD 4151
Get a Referral To See a Psychologist
To be able to claim a Medicare rebate you will need to speak to your GP to refer you to a psychologist. Once you have initiated your Mental Health Treatment Plan you can claim a rebate from Medicare for up to 10 appointments with a clinical psychologist. Mention this in your initial call and we can guide you in this process.
Our Clinic Location and Reach
Our Mental Health and Psychology Practice is conveniently located in Woolloongabba, our practice is easily accessible by public transport. We proudly serve not only the surrounding suburbs of Coorparoo, Camp Hill, Morningside, and Carina but also receive referrals from various Brisbane suburbs, including Albion and Kedron. Through telehealth, we extend our psychology services to rural areas in QLD, NSW, and Victoria, ensuring that distance doesn’t hinder your access to quality care.